Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First post that's not about art!!!

Lately life has been going amazingly. I've been out doing stuff with friends, which is rare for me... I've already gone to Lagoon 3 times this summer and am planning on going again next week, it's been nice to share some good times with my close friends.
I've also started dating. I know it's rather late to start, seeing as I will be 18 in the next month (September 24, mark your calendars!!!) The guy I've been seeing is really sweet but is leaving on his mission tomorrow, though I'm sad to see him leave so soon, I'm proud of him for choosing to go. I wish him good luck, I will miss him.
Also, with more good news, I finally got a small job! It's only $200 but I gladly accepted the task. I was asked to draw a front and back view of the female muscular system for a class at Utah State University. They are quite impressed with my work. I'm sure they will be even more suprised to find how old I am.
Okay, only one more thing. I was called to serve in the Special Needs Mutual for my area. It's like I've prepared for this calling all my life!! I grew up with special needs children and I am rather comfortable with them. They tend to be the sweetest people and I'm excited to be with the special needs youth!
Like I said, life has been going very well lately. I attribute it to a major attitude change I took earlier this year. I decided to try to befriend everyone I meet, face my fears, and be willing to try new things. I've been a lot happier than ever before and I never thought I could make such a change in my life. I don't think I could've done it without my supportive parents and my amazing Young Women's leaders, Tami and Kelly. They cheered me on in everything I did. I am so thankful to have such amazing people in my life. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment