Monday, September 21, 2009

Life at this point

I will be 18 this coming Thursday, and I'm not quite sure what to think... Life has been an emotional rollercoaster lately-- drama, loneliness, and tons and tons of homework. In my Medical Assisting class, it has been a sprint. There is no day off, there is always something to fill out, study, and read. It's been very stressful but I do love it! I hope I will continue to be able to handle the pressure!!
As I may have mentioned in an earlier post, I was called to serve in the special needs mutual for my area, and so far it's been great and a little chaotic. The first activity, I found that the girl I was assigned had moved so I was left without a "buddy". But in the middle of our class discussion, a cute down's syndrome girl came and gave me a big hug and refused to leave my side, and I hadn't even said a word to her. It made my day to know that she had picked me, though it made me feel bad because the girl she was assigned, she picked me over her. The second week was a Luau and there were about 100 youth at this activity because it was combined with the other classes. The cute girl who attached herself to me the previous week had wandered to one of the other leaders in the class. Though I have been left "buddyless" again, I was glad she saw something in me that others ignored. I hope being a leader for the special needs youth continues to be a great experience.
I recently applied for a job at Torrid, a clothing store in the mall. I felt that I had a great chance at getting the job but was sadly turned away. I hope to eventually find one soon... I have no clue on how I'm going to pay for college, so I've decided to go for the Jordan High School Sterling Scholar program in the visual arts category, I hope to get somewhere with that.
That's about it for my life... for now at least... until next time ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment